Monday, November 3, 2014

7 Sweet Things at Sweetwater-Fall Decor Edition

The time between Halloween and Christmas presents a bit of a decor dilemma!
I absolutely REFUSE to rush into Christmas Decor....
don't even get me started about the fact that stores are in FULL Christmas mode already....really!
Since we were actually home to sleep in our beds for 5 days in October...
I want to enjoy fall around here for a little while!

Here is the Fall Decor Edition of:
I have added links to the posts that give more details about these decorations....
hop over and look if you have a moment!

I really don't use cookbooks anymore.....a Google Search makes quick work of finding recipes....
That means that the little cookbook shelf over my desk can be an area for seasonal display!

Remember when I shared my cleaning tip for my collection of copper items?  I wasn't sure where I would use them......
But look!  Would you believe that the leaves in the copper bowl are some that were piling up on the deck?  The color was right....so I scooped them up and plopped them in the bowl. 


Nothing says Fall quite like College Football.  "Go Gophers" and the den is a perfect place to have Minnesota Maroon and Gold on display!
And no.....that is not a Golden Gopher sleeping on the couch....it is just Marvin!!!


These pumpkins and a little Fall inspired art add some nice touches to the laundry room/back entrance.





Making the switch from cool summer colors to a warmer fall/winter palette in the lower level family room is a simple matter of changing out the "slipcovers" on the couch and box cushions on the window seat.  I made the happy discovery that the throw I had been using in the living room was the perfect color for this room!  I am surprised how nicely the recovered ottoman looks with the red patterned fabric.

POST FOR HOW TO MAKE ALMOST NO SEW BOX CUSHIONS!
POST FOR SIMPLE SLIPCOVERS TO CHANGE OUT THE COUCH BY SEASON!



Some cornshocks and a few artificial  leaves and pumpkins fill the planters on the front steps.  I left the asparagus fern in there and it will stay looking nice until it is time for evergreens. The baker's rack has a few fall looking items I scrounged from storage.

Some Autumn words on the chalkboard remind me of all the things I love about fall.....

It is almost time to make a cornucopia.....I have the pumpkins and a small potted mum ready to go....but for now they are a simple arrangement on the island!

POST FOR HOW TO KEEP PUMPKINS/GOURDS FROM SPOILING!

I have a few more things to add around the house.....but for the last few days I have been permanently connected to the vacuum cleaner as I tried to "De-cat fur" all the furniture as it went back into place now that the floors are refinished.
Now if there was just a way to keep the fur ON the cats....life would be simpler!

Have A Great Day!

Link Party GOODNESS
House on the Way Coastal Charm   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...