Friday, July 25, 2014

Fairy Garden Resource List

The weather in Minnesota has been "interesting" this summer!

If you don't speak "Minnesotan", you probably don't understand that when someone uses the term "interesting", it is probably less than complimentary!
I know there are lots of people who are still cleaning up from torrential rains.....which is very serious and costly business.

At this point I am putting my tongue in my cheek and will show you the "horrible" storm damage at Sweetwater! The storm damage was so bad.....it entailed the need for an entirely new roof!

Yup.....the Fairy House took a direct hit from the torrents of rain.....all the bark fell off the roof and the furniture was overturned!!!!  OMG!  What to do?

Well.....it was a simple matter of letting things dry out and then putting new bark on the roof with construction adhesive this time!  (the hot glue couldn't stand up to the "interesting" weather!

The process took about 20 minutes and didn't cost a thing.....
Again....my apologies to anyone out there who is dealing with expensive and time consuming repairs from the weather.  We feel so fortunate that we did not have to deal with that!

The little plastic doors and windows also took a hit from the weather.....I made new ones using twigs and pieces of wood shims that were lying around.  Of course....the doors needed to be red to match the front door at Sweetwater!!!

While I was in the "remodeling" mode, I decided to go searching for ways to create accents for the garden!  I found some very fun resources and ideas that you might be interested in!

Inspiration





This SITE has lots of inspiration.....especially this patio set made from slices of logs!









Thimble Planters




How simple to use an old thimble....the aged patina is a nice touch....and add a little moss to make Fairy Planters!

Source





Fairy Inspired

This site has a wonderful list of all kinds of common household items and suggestions for ways to use them in your gardens.





Now it is time for me to actually create some of this stuff!


I think I will use some of these ideas in the "front gardent" and the little Fairy Garden in the Birdbath could use a little landscaping too!




....Mr. S says that I have too much time on my hands.....but hey....I can't think of a better way to act like a kid!





Have A Great Day!


Linky Parties
Serenity Saturday  Share Your Creativity  Create With Joy   
Coastal Charm   Sugar Bee Crafts      
A Vision To Remember   

5 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Your fairy house is so sweet, glad the repairs went well! I used to have a gnome home habitat at our old house. Your photos and post are giving me neat ideas for making another one. That log picnic set is clever and adorable.

Unknown said...

This is so cute and inspiring. Thank You for Sharing. : )

Ashley @ 3 Little Greenwoods said...

So sorry about all the storm damage. My kids would love to build their own Fairy Home and would be so sad if it was destroyed.
~ Ashley

Debby said...

I love your little fairy garden. Glad it could be repaired. I have a brown thumb but I can do fairy gardens. I tried to follow the site you suggested but can't find away. A couple areas on her blog don't seem to come up. I will follow you as well. Thanks for the tips.

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I still haven't made a fairy garden yet. Been wanting to make for for years now

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...