Friday, July 12, 2013

Super Easy Shrimp Salad for a Crowd...or Just Me!

Summertime Salads are one of the best parts of Summer!
Cooking....however is not!

Here is a quick tip that lets you have your Shrimp Salad....
but....not have to cook it!
(well except for a little boiling of water)

TAH DAH....The Trick!

Who doesn't love CostCo?  




 They have a pretty good shrimp salad in the deli section.  Just enough dressing....nice big shrimp!  But at around $13 for the container...it wouldn't be a good economic choice for a entertaining.  


Just by adding some pasta and frozen peas.....you can double or even triple the size of the salad without losing any of the yummy goodness of the shrimp!


That took all of 10 minutes.....and a skill level of zip....but the salad is restaurant quality!

I do this with the Chicken Salad from CostCo too....by adding some additional ingredients like nuts or grapes the salad goes further (and tastes better too)!

I  just read this The I Love Trader Joe'sCookbook written by Cherie Mercer Twohy​.....



She takes Trader Joe ingredients and does sort of the same thing as the shrimp salad!
 I found at least 20 recipes that I took screen shots of on my iPad!
Somebody should do a cookbook like this about CostCo!!

I would love to hear about your favorite shortcuts using deli food or other "almost homemade" recipes!

Have a Great Day!


Blog Parties
Sunny Simple Life  Serenity Saturday  I am Only One Woman     
Twigg Studios Sew Darn Crafty  Cuisine Kathleen  


4 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

The looks delicious! I add broccoli to costco's chicken Alfredo and it goes much further too. I would love to see that cookbook :-)

NanaDiana said...

Mary- I am so excited. We FINALLY have a Costco being built here. I have never been in one! Whoo Hoooo-can't wait- xo Diana

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This is such a great idea. Love the convenience of this.

lorraines resources and rewards said...

Any thing that makes my life easy is a keeper. Love the blog found you through the monday mingle hop following on bloglovin. I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...