Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas GOOD WILL (Hunting)!



This Christmas Carol is one of my favorites....
Do you think it is because it talks about GOOD WILL!?

Lots of the decor at Sweetwater is the result of GoodWill Hunting....
In fact...as I walked through the house....it was hard to find stuff that I actually bought retail! 
Luckily...my favorite GW has a holiday area all year long.....I buy stuff when I see it and "stuff" it in the closet!!
 

Take a Look at just a few of the GW treasures that make the season bright around Sweetwater!

If I do say so... I think these GW goodies look every bit as nice as anything I could have found in a fancy boutique!


This red Jingle Bell Wreath came from GW.....added to a green wreath with a fun bow...it adds a bright spot in the lower level.


This gorgeous ornament is one of several packaged in a baggie for $5...





They are all bronze and greens and are perfect on the family room mantel.



The two off white Haeger Vases are from GW too....they are favorites all through the year...but I really love them with simple pine boughs...


This vase isn't actually Fitz and Floyd.....but it sure has the look.....another GW score so long ago that I can't remember how much I paid...but probably not much!

But this little plaid box is Fitz and Floyd....sadly the little cover broke a few years ago so now I just put some pine in it.....and the little Golden Pine Tree is also an old GW find!


The rest of the decorations in the Power Room also have the GW Heritage.....







The wreath was sort of shabby on the shelf at GW....so I took out the broken fruit....added some greens and a bow....










The simple addition of a few green glass ornaments and a bow turned this little wire mesh basket from GW into an accent on the back of the commode!














The "basket stash" of GW finds makes it simple to find the perfect baskets for decor AND entertaining....










This fun open wire "Gift box" came with all the ornaments already in it!!!


I love the bright colors, don't you?








The set of Silver Reindeer with a rope of red beads encircle a glass bowl filled with greens surrounded by fresh cranberries.

Yup.....all but the greens and cranberries came from GW!










This box of Wedding Invitations has these great stickers....I used the printer to turn them into simple gift tags.....

The rest of the stuff is sure to find a use...."SOME DAY"!









I used to be embarrassed to give Good Will treasures as gifts....what was I thinking???



This set of 8 dessert plates have all of Santa's Reindeer on them....a perfect gift for a friend!  Of course this friend is also a GW shopper...so she didn't mind that I left the price tags on so she could enjoy the "bargain" as well as the plates!!

The Sweetwater Daughter  (another GW shopper) will be thrilled when she opens her GW gift....This is something that would have cost four times what I paid....and is something she has been wanting....Can't wait to see her face!!!!  

I hope that I have a little time between now and Christmas to find a few more treasures to give away!!!  

HMMMM.....does this mean that because I saved all that money on GW stuff.....I can splurge a little and actually go to a REAL store????

In the meantime.....I wish YOU "Peace on Earth....and GOODWILL toward Men!


Link Parties
The Answer is Chocolate  504 Main   What About.co   
Craftionary    Chic on a Shoestring     
French Country Cottage  Happy Hour Projects   Fridays Unfolded
Be Different Act Normal   Bowdabra      The Gingerbread Blog   Young and Crafty

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really did find some great stuff! I love those cute dessert plates! And it always amazes me when I find something I had on my wish list...or know someone that does. I have been going to my thrift store a lot more lately. I love looking for vintage Christmas balls and ornaments. Happy holidays...and happy hunting!

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

Those are some great finds! I'm addicted to GW shopping. When you find a bargain, you can't beat it!!

Thank you so much for sharing at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase.

I look forward to seeing you again. :)

Marti

Unknown said...

Great finds. I just visited my local GW and found a set of snowman dishes that match a set I already have. Now I have a serving for 16, I was so excited as I left the store. Thanks for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

Susie @Bowdabra said...

We love your creative post and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us in the Crafty Showcase. Stop back in to see who gets featured on Friday.

Merry Christmas,
Susie, Sandy, Sarah & the Bowdabra Designers
http://www.bowdabrablog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...