Saturday, May 26, 2012

Easy Fountain on the Deck Redux

Yikes...I just realized that it has been a whole week since I posted!
I haven't forgotten you, but this time at school gets soooo busy that it has to take priority.

We are off to the Farmer's Market this morning to buy a few plants....tee hee....!
But seriously I have a BIG problem....
Look....


Remember when I just stuck some perennials in the pots so they didn't look "naked"?
Well...now they look "all dressed up" and they really don't need any thing else...

And even worse....
Here is the planter that is supposed to have the Good Will Fountain on it....how can I possibly rip it apart?  But the planter is perfect and when it looks so great right there....oh dear...oh dear....
Okay....looking at the pictures...there really is no other choice...the fountain wins!
And I will buy begonias at the Farmer's Market this morning.

Here is a recap of the "Fountain from a GoodWill Find" post from last summer.

Take one GoodWill Find:  Tarnished copper table top fountain. $6.99

Spend 2 hours scrubbing the yucky mineral deposits off of the fountain.
Spend another 20 minutes arranging the elements in the pot.
Use 10 seconds to plug it in.
Waste 2 hours totally sitting on the deck listening to the splashing water.

This was so simple!
Try it!

I love the idea of a water features.
The Sweetwater Daughter has an amazing waterless pool and fountain.
  My brother and sister-in-law build water features and have an amazing pond and waterfall at Willow Ridge Gardens.


Several of our friends have beautiful fountains in their yards that make me soooo jealous!




Mr. S. says, "We don't need a fountain.  The pond in the backyard is the water feature!"

Maybe so, but I still wanted a fountain!
"Pout Pout "
I have found all kinds of plans for building fountains in planters.  In all honesty, when I look at the plans they give me a headache!  The plans involve way too much work, supplies and time to do.

Now using the little copper fountain I found at Goodwill, some Bar Keeper's Friend, a planter I already had and some plants.... I have my fountain!

So keep your eyes open the next time you are out at a garage sale or GoodWill....or maybe you have a little fountain tucked away in your closet.

I found these at Amazon if you are too impatient to wait till you find a "deal". 


So now we are off to the Market....hope I can keep Mr. S. away from the peony plants....we already have ENOUGH!!!

Link Parties
Six Sister's Stuff 
Cherished Treasures  A Vision To Remember    Be Different Act Normal  Saturday Showcase  
Nifty Thrifty Things  Sunday Scoop Petite HerminFlamingo Toes Raising Memories  
The Answer is Chocolate  Twigg Studios   
Polly Want a Crafter    Ninth Street Notions  Creative Southern Institute 
My 1929 Charmer  Cure For the Common Monday  A Pinch of Joy The Kurtz Corner
Chic on a Shoestring   Finding Fabulous   
Tickled Pink   Lolly Jane  

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh-I love both your water features-the big one AND the copper one! Have fun at the farmers market. Your plants are looking amazing...great job- xo Diana

Cathy said...

I love water features and I am always looking for a new idea for them. Thank you for sharing yours Mary.

Lori said...

I love it, so jealous! hehe

Hi from a new follower!!

Mandy said...

Your fountain is wonderful! I need one of these!

Jasmine said...

The fountains look so pretty and peaceful,maks me wish I was there.New follower from the Hop! http://motherdaughtersavingsandreviews.blogspot.com/

SAKT Homestead said...

Hi There,
I'm stopping in from the Tuesday Train. I'd love a visit back :)
http://just10moreminutes.blogspot.com
Tiffany Taylor

Angie G. said...

Amazing! I love the fountains and the flowers. We have a vegetable garden here, but I wish we had put some flowers around as well, they are so beautiful. I am now following and found via 'Flock Together Blog Hop'. If you have a moment and want to stop by you can find me at http://thebargaingame.blogspot.com/
Hope you have a wonderful day!

momto8 said...

wow!! your fountain is fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the fountain and the greenery. Nothing beats relaxing sounds of running water outside in the garden. God bless x

Six Sisters said...

Beautiful! Water features are just so relaxing! We appreciate you linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We love seeing all of the great recipes and fun ideas! Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

Susie @Bowdabra said...

Congrats! Your post was our #1 most clicked post on last weeks Saturday Showcase. We are featuring you on our Feature Friday post! We'll share it on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, too! Have a great weekend and stop over to get your Feature Friday pin and link up something else on Saturday in the Saturday Showcase.

Susie @Bowdabra
http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/06/01/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-showcase-picks/

Kate, The Blog Diva said...

New Follower and I'm just stopping by to say hello from the The Naptime Blog Hop!

I love your fountain its so pretty and the flowers really add to the look of it.

Have a wonderful upcoming week,
Kate, The Blog Diva

Adorned From Above said...

This is such a beautiful post. I love all of the flowers and the waterfall. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...