Friday, March 16, 2012

Mowing the Wheat Grass!

All that wheat grass I posted about last time is growing, growing, growing!





Hard to believe that it looks like this after only 5 days!









 And remember the basket that looked like this 5 days ago?

Well....it grew 3 more inches too and started to flop over....

Time to MOW!
Seriously....me mowing the grass!
Mr. S....don't get any ideas!!!
I only MOW with scissors!!!

So I cut off about 4 inches of wheat grass...mmm....the smell was like a summer day!


 Now what to do with the grass clippings?



Remember the VitaMix?
I decided to try making a Green Smoothie!


In typical Sweetwater Style, I didn't use a recipe....I just did it!

Grass in the VitaMix with some orange juice, some green grapes  and a little honey.

That blender has some serious power....I can not imagine that a regular blender would be able to pulverize the grass.

This stuff actually tasted pretty good! 
And as GREEN as it is-- it has to be good for you!

Don't worry....I haven't gone all health food crazy....but I figure drinking a little of this can counteract some of the LESS than healthy things I drink :)

Have a very Green Weekend!  It is gonna be 75 degrees in Minnesota....YIPPEE!

Link Parties

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog for white grass...........
Hire artificial grass

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Thanks for the follow up. I am even more tempted to give this a try :)

amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Looking good to me- Wanna cut my hair now that you have the hang of it? I promise you won't have to eat it afterwards! xo Diana

Mikki said...

Ummm, I never drank anything quite so green, but y'all lead me to believe I'm missing a good thing!

Thanks so much for joining Flock Together last week at Mom’s Best Nest. I am now your happy LF follower and look forward to reading your posts.

Sandra Tyler said...

My kids usually have a s hook project where they make little people and grow that stuff as hair. But I didn't know you could drink it! Visiting from he hop!

Unknown said...

I would love to have a juicer so I can have some juice with wheat grass in it!!! So good for you

James Black said...

I absolutely love using wheat grass for smoothies. I use wheat grass for a lot of meals too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...